• Used household goods duty-free if:
    • Owner has resided abroad a minimum of 12 months (six months for EC countries)
    • Household goods have been used a minimum of six months (three months for EC countries)
    • Effects are for personal use and must not be lent or sold for a period of 12 months after arrival (deposit may be required)
  • Shipment must arrive within one year of Customer
  • Shipments must clear within 10 days of arrival to avoid storage charges


  • Residence Visa
  • Declaration of Free Entry (to be obtained from Destination Agent), listing alcohol and tobacco products and any autos or other vehicles being imported
  • Proof of Residence abroad for minimum 12 months (European Community countries six months)
  • Inventory
  • Residence Permit
  • Work Permit
  • Proof of Employment
  • Certificate of Residence Change
  • Danish Customs Form (G55) (to be obtained from Destination Agent)
  • Copy of Registration with the Danish National Register


  • Live plants (unless license obtained from Danish Government Plant Protection Service based on Phytosanitary Certificate from authorities at origin that plants are free from disease)
  • Live, dead and pre-manufactured parts of animals mentioned in the “Washington Convention” (unless license obtained from Danish Nature Conservancy Board)
  • Firearms, ammunition (Import License, obtained from Danish Ministry of Justice, and shooting permit required)
  • Narcotics
  • Medicine (unless license granted by Danish Ministry of Justice)


  • Alcoholic beverages and tobacco products are highly taxed and strictly controlled (adviseable not to include in household goods shipment)
  • Foodstuff
  • All new items (less than six months old) require an invoice and Certificate of Origin


  • Dogs and cats permitted with Health Certificate dated not more than one month before arrival and a Certificate of Rabies Inoculation dated 1-12 months before arrival

MOTOR VEHICLES: (Including trailers, boats, aircraft, etc.)

  • Cars, motorcycles and other vehicles may be duty-free if for private use only, if owned and registered abroad for a minimum of six months and if owner has resided outside of Denmark for a minimum of 12 months
  • Extremely high registration tax payable on all vehicles (100% – 200%)
  • Documents required:
    • Separate Danish Customs Form (G55)
    • Third party insurance (Green Card)
    • Registration Certificate

NOTE: Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.

Get Your Free Quote Today!

Save up to 30% on your International Move